Sappi requires suitably qualified graduates to be trained and exposed to various departments over a 12 month fixed term contract. These positions will be based in Howick, Pietermaritzburg and Nelspruit.
Sappi’s development programmes aims at attracting highly motivated and dynamic individuals with the potential to become future shining stars and leaders within Sappi Southern Africa and globally. Sappi is an integrated forest products company meeting the needs of domestic as well as international customers through a wide range of products
- Assist with conducting marketing research and economic analysis on all aspects that can influence agriculture
- Ability to do agricultural work, farming and planting
- Conduct farm planning and control, farm information systems, data analysis and budgeting with the assistance of the supervisor
- Assist with any Adhoc tasks.
Risk Management Internship
- Participate in risk control and risk prevention development activities
- Knowledge of essential insurance and risk management terms and concepts
- Assist with gathering commercial insurance renewal exposure data and analysing data
- Knowledgeable of workplace safety and work occupational health.
- Assist with preparing and participating in field days, conferences, research reviews & other related forums
- Assist with ensuring that a complete record is maintained of all research activities
- Responsible for ensuring that health and health policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Sampling every hour in the various plants according to Laboratory Information System
- Perform selected analyses on a routine basis according to Laboratory Information System
- Prepare in-process and final pulp samples for analytical testing
- Liaise with production personnel w.r.t. safety problems in the plant.
- Grade 12/Matric qualification
- Relevant Tree Breeding/ Genetics/ Botany/Agricultural Economics/Chemistry/Risk & Insurance Management Diploma or Degree
- No experience required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
[sociallocker]How to apply
Closing date is 26 January 2017. Click here to apply online