The Organisation requires the services and skills of a qualified individual within its Head Office for the following position:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
SENIOR MANAGER: CORPORATE SECRETARIAT TASK GRADE
ADVERT REFERENCE NO: 21092017SMCS
Purpose of the Job: The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the governance framework, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and implementing decisions taken by management forums and the Board.
Key Performance Areas
- Analyse and monitor the utilization of financial resources according to technical objectives.
- Oversee Board members remuneration and manage on going director development training.
- Control expenditure according to budget to ensure efficient cash flow management.
- Provide guidance to the Board Committees regarding meetings procedures and any legal or technical advice required.
- Render secretarial services to Board Committees.
- Draft governance documents i.e. frameworks, terms of reference, annual work plans etc.
- Monitor Board Committee related activities to ensure compliance with legislation and corporate governance principles to identify deviations and implement corrective action.
- Monitor and report to Board Committees on the compliance with statutes according to legislative requirements.
- Manage and control systems to comply and monitor compliance for the completion of all statutory returns according to legislative and organizational requirements.
- Analyse client legal requests by interpreting the appropriate laws and recommend an appropriate course of action to limit legal action or claims.
- Draft inputs required for the annual report, APP etc.
- Continuously monitor the exchange and protection of information between the respective business units and individuals to ensure effective knowledge management according to Organisational objectives.
- Assume responsibility for the record management of company records.
- Oversight of confidentiality requirements and implementation thereof.
- Manage the employees in the section.
- Oversee management committee and management forum administration.
- Ensure quality assurance of all secretarial processes take place.
- Assume responsibility for all external compliance submissions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal role players (business etc) to influence decision making and interpretation in favour of RAF.
- Build relationships across the RAF.
Qualifications and Experience
- LLB Qualification.
- Post graduate qualification will be advantageous.
- Admission as an attorney will be advantageous.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a company secretariat, legal, compliance and regulatory environment.
- Thorough knowledge of PFMA, National Treasury Regulations, directives, instruction notes, the STIA and other legislation relevant to the RAF.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Planning, coordinating and prioritising.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Performance driven.
- Problem-solving and conflict management.
- Time and stress management.
- Financial management.
- Legislation and regulatory knowledge.
- Adherence to compliance requirements including of quarterly and annual returns etc.
- Secretariat support services.
- Minute taking.
- Secretariat reporting.
- Secretariat administration.
- Record keeping.
- Risk management.
- Stakeholder management.
- Business management.
- Resource management.
- Professional communication (written and verbal).
Total cost to company applicable to this position is a minimum of R1 160 042.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.
Applications can be forwarded to email address email@example.com
OR hand delivered to: Ground Floor, Northview Building C1, No 57 6th Road, Hyde Park, 2196
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line.
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date.
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages.
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan.
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.